New World Scheduler makes scheduling Public Talks Away simple and fast. The Coordinator of the Body of Elders or the Public Talk Coordinator can use New World Scheduler to schedule congregation elders and ministerial servants to give Away Public Talks at another congregation.
Some congregations have certain requirements when scheduling Public Speakers to visit other congregations, such as only one elder per week is away, or each elder can only travel once per month, etc. The Public Talks Away view allows you to easily schedule according to any such requirements.
To schedule Away Public Talks, click Schedule > Public Talks – Away, or click Schedule > Public Talks > Public Talks Combined
Schedule Public Talks Away
Before you schedule
Schedule an Away Public Talk
- Click Schedule > Public Talks – Away
- Select or Double-click the cell for a Weekend and Public Speaker
- Note: The date shown is for the Weekend. Some congregations have their Weekend meeting on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Therefore a generic Weekend date is shown. The actual date and time of the assignment is set in Neighbor Congregations and Public Speakers
- Note: Light Grey boxes show the weeks a Public Speaker is unavailable. This is based on the Public Speakers Away Frequency and any Local Public Talks they have been assigned. If needed, you may still schedule a Public Speaker on those weeks. Dark Grey boxes indicate the Public Speaker is Away during that week, based on their Away Periods.
- Select either a Neighbor Congregation or Other Congregation to visit
- Note: You should usually select Neighbor Congregation. You should only choose Other Congregation if this congregation is not in your circuit or a nearby circuit, and is a “once-off” talk. Please see How to Add or Edit Neighbor Congregations and Public Speakers.
- Select which Public Talk Outline the speaker will give.
- Optionally, enter any Notes
- Note: These will be shown for the Public Speaker on the NW Publisher App
- Click OK
Public Talk Reminders and Notifications
Send Reminder or Confirmation to Public Speaker
Other Quick Steps
The following other Quick Steps are available:
- Send Upcoming Public Talk Assignments to appointed brothers
- Send Public Talk Reminder
NW Publisher app Reminders
Swap or Cancel an Away Talk
- Click Schedule > Public Talks – Away
- Select or Double-click the cell for the Weekend and Public Speaker you wish to change or cancel.
- Click Clear to remove the assignment for that speaker, click OK
- If needed, re-assign this talk to another speaker
Multiple Away Talks on Same Weekend
As the direction from the organization states speakers should preferably not be assigned to be away from their own congregation more than once a month, it is not possible to schedule a brother to give multiple Public Talks on the same weekend.
Zoom does not change this direction.
Local Public Talk assignments
Local Public Talk assignments will also show on the Away Public Talk Schedule, but will be greyed out and cannot be edited. This is to help prevent scheduling an Away Talk for someone who already has a local talk that weekend.
To edit Local Public Talk Assignments, please see Local Public Talks.
Common Questions and Problems
The date shown on the schedule is the Weekend date.
Some congregations have their Weekend meeting on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Therefore a generic Weekend date is shown.
The actual date and time of the assignment is set in Neighbor Congregations and Public Speakers
This is a known problem, as sometimes the mouse-click does not register, and the name does not change.
Please simply click another name, then re-click the name again, and this should fix it.
The red name up the top is the name of the person who will be scheduled. Please ensure the red name is correct.
We are working to fix this in a future version of NW Scheduler.
Light Grey boxes show the weeks a Public Speaker is unavailable. This is based on:
If needed, you may still schedule a Public Speaker on those weeks.
Dark Grey boxes indicate the Public Speaker is Away during that week, based on their Away Periods.
For Public Speakers from your Home congregation, see Help > Persons > Assign Privileges and Duties
For Public Speakers from Neighboring Congregations, see Congregation > Neighbor Congregations and Speakers
- Schedule the Christian Life and Ministry Meeting
- Schedule Local Public Talks
- Schedule Away Public Talks
- Schedule Field Service
- Schedule Public Witnessing Carts
- Schedule Congregation Duties
- Schedule Kingdom Hall Cleaning
- Schedule Lawn & Garden Care
- Schedule Maintenance Tasks (LDC)
- Schedule Circuit Overseer Visit
- Language Groups