Tasks allow you to keep track of any congregation tasks you must perform, as well as assign and track tasks for others.
New World Scheduler will automatically generate certain tasks just for you, based on your congregation responsibilities. For example, Accounts Audit, Arrange Service Overseer visit, Check RP hours, etc.
Custom Tasks can also be created, and assigned either to yourself or others. Tasks have a Due Date and will show a warning when they are overdue.
- Note: New World Scheduler Tasks are designed for important congregation tasks only. This is not an organizer for your daily life or personal weekly schedule. There are many other apps you can use for your personal tasks or schedule.
To create, edit or delete Tasks, click Me > Tasks
To view My Tasks, click Me
- Click Me > Tasks
- Click New
- Enter the Task name
- Optionally, enter a Description
- Select the Person who should complete the task. You may select yourself.
- Set the Due Date
- Note: Any tasks completed more than 1 month ago, or overdue by more than 1 month will be automatically deleted.
- Click Me > Tasks
- Select the Task to delete
- Click Delete and confirm your choice.
My Tasks are displayed on the Me view and list all Custom Tasks and automatically generated Tasks that are assigned to you.
Any overdue tasks will show a red notification. Tasks that are nearly overdue will show an orange notification.
To complete a task, tick the box next to the task.
To see the task Description, click the task name.
Automatically generated Tasks
New World Scheduler will automatically generate tasks for you based on your Congregation Responsibilities.
Coordinator of the Body of Elders (COBE)
- Arrange for two elders to meet with baptized publisher
- Arrange Audit
- Notify the coordinator of the body of elders a publisher has been baptized one year
- Provide DPA cards and related materials to newly baptized publishers
- Review the activity of regular pioneers near the midpoint of the service year
- Visit a different field service group each month
- Review the activity of any regular pioneers who did not reach the annual hour requirement
- Review local disaster preparedness arrangements with the Body of Elders
- Review with assistant the activity of those in group